THE UNIVERSITAT WIEN (UNIVERSITY OF VIENNA) AUSTRIA (IN PARTICULAR THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATIONAL SCIENCES)
THE FACULTY OF ISLAMIC STUDIES OF THE ISLAMIC COMMUNITY OF
KOSOVO IN PRISHTINA
The above mentioned institutions, recognizing the value of scientific exchange and cooperation agree to the following:
- The research unit ‘Islamic religious Pedagogy’ (IRP) at the Department of Educational Sciences at the University of Vienna, Vienna, and the Faculty of Islamic Studies (FIS) of the Islamic Community of Kosovo [Pristhina], plan to develop joint research activities;
- to exchange information in the form of publications, instruction materials and other results of teaching and research
- to invite each other to participate in seminars and conferences organized by the respective institutions;
- IRP supports FIS in drawing up a new Bachelor curriculum in accordance with the Bologna criteria to fulfil the entry-requirements for a master-programme.
- IRP plans to offer training for teachers of Muslim religious education in Kosovo public schools
- to explore collaboration in education;
On the part of the University of Vienna, the scope of this Agreement is limited to the Department of Educational Sciences - Islamic Religious Studies.
The terms of collaboration for each specific activity implemented under this cooperation agreement shall be discussed mutually and agreed upon in writing by both parties prior to the initiation of that activity.
The parties understand that in any case the execution of all joint activities will depend on the availability of funds. Financial resources/aspects shall be regulated on a case-by-case basis. The partner departments shall endeavour to raise funds from outside sources.
According to the ‘Frauenfbrderungsplan’ (Affirmative Action Plan) of the University of Vienna, the University of Vienna will favour women over equally qualified men to actively encourage women in teaching and research within the University of Vienna.
Neither the University of Vienna nor the Islamic Community of Kosovo will be held responsible for any liability whatsoever; furthermore, neither party shall be required to purchase any insurance against loss or damage to any personal property to which this agreement relates.
Intellectual property deriving from the works performed under common activities shall be subject to the applicable legal provisions and the specific inst-uments on the matter to be executed by the parties and shall duly acknowledge those persons participating in the performance of such works.
This Agreement is effective as of the date of execution by the appropriate legal representatives of each signatory institution. It shall remain in effect for three (3) years. Both parties shall review the status of the Agreement at the end of a 2 (two) year period to determine any modification that might be necessary. Depending on the outcome of the evaluation, the parties will decide whether to extend this Agreement or not. This also includes the waiver of the written form itself.
Either party may terminate this agreement earlier by written notice. Such notification must be given at least six (6) months in advance of the effective date of termination. In such case both parties concerned will take the necessary measures until the actions in process will be finished.